The Children of Sikkim has enrolled with AmazonSmile in the UK. This means that purchases made through Amazon generate 0.5% of the purchase price as a donation to the Trust, at no cost to the purchaser. Users sign up to nominate their chosen charity (in this case we hope The Children of Sikkim!). Then purchases are made through smile.amazon.co.uk instead of through amazon.co.uk. The new site is the same in every respect as the old, with purchase history, lists, subscriptions etc available as exactly as before.
Supporters can enrol and get other information here.
How to use AmazonSmile on a browser
1. Visit smile.amazon.com (use link above)
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Choose a charitable organization to receive donations, or search for the charity of your choice
4. Select your charity
4. Start shopping!
5. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile
How to turn on AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app (phones only, not tablets)
1. Make sure you’re signed up for AmazonSmile (use your web browser to visit smile.amazon.com)
2. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
3. Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu (☰)
4. Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
We hope this facility will be available in the future for iPads and other tablets. For now you can set a Favourite in Safari or other web browser.
To be reminded about giving to The Children of Sikkim, please visit our Giving page.
CHANGE A LIFE TODAY
The Children of Sikkim exists to support the education of disadvantaged children from Sikkim, in the Himalaya, NE India.
We are a UK registered charity which helps such children to be educated in Sikkim and elsewhere in India, from primary school through to college or university.
We give a young person continuity of support so as to allow them to achieve their potential.